Latest Update (June 20, 2014)
PRESIDENTIAL SEARCH ADVISORY COMMITTEE APPROVES SEARCH SCHEDULE
Application Deadline Sept. 2
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State University’s Presidential Search Advisory Committee unanimously approved today the schedule to produce finalists for the university’s Board of Trustees’ consideration before the end of September.
The schedule outlines currently anticipated dates for the application deadline, selection of finalists and on-campus interviews in the recruitment of the next president of Florida State University.
The schedule is:
- Sept. 2 – Application deadline
- Sept. 5 – Presidential Search Advisory Committee (PSAC) conference call meeting to discuss candidates and select finalists.
10:00 am – 2:00 pm in room 108, Augustus B. Turnbull III Conference Center, 555 West Pensacola Street, Tallahassee, FL
- Sept. 8 & 9 – PSAC conducts initial interviews with selected candidates
- Sept. 15-18 – Campus hosts candidates for extensive on-campus interviews
- Sept. 19 – Campus feedback due
- Sept. 22 – PSAC meeting
- Sept. 23 – FSU Board of Trustees meeting
The search committee will retain all applications for the position received to date.
The meeting also included a public comment period.
The committee met in room 208 of the Augustus B. Turnbull III Conference Center, 555 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, Fla.
June 20, 2014
Representatives of the search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates will be on campus Tuesday, June 24 and Wednesday, June 25 for the purpose of obtaining feedback from the university community as it relates to the presidential search process. All forums will be held in the Augustus B. Turnbull III Florida State Conference Center, 555 West Pensacola Street, Tallahassee, Florida. Following is the forum schedule:
- Tuesday, June 24 – Room 208: Turnbull
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.: FSU Staff Open Forum
- 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.: Student Open Forum
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Open Forum including Community, Business Leaders, Campus Stakeholders
- Wednesday, June 25 – Room 108: Turnbull
- 9:45 – 11:15 a.m.: Faculty Open Forum
Schedule permitting, please plan to participate in these important forums.